The Volcano Heavy-Lift Helicopter is a visually fantastic set with some very fun play features. The set is a part of the ever-running City line. It contains a large Helicopter, three smaller vessels, an awesome volcano, and eight minifigurines. The are quite a few interactive play features in this set, the erupting volcano is a clear favorite, but there are many more to discover and enjoy. The minifigurines are varied and all fit well within the set.
The set is currently in extremely low supply on Amazon with only two left in stock as of the time of this writing. The Lego Shop also has it in stock but it is flagged as being a “Retiring Soon” set which will be sure to accelerate purchasing.
The set was only released in June 2016 so it hasn’t been available for very long. It is surprising that such a cool set was given such a limited run. The upside for collectors is that it is a very cool set that not many people had a chance to get their hands on. Pick this one up while you still can
More details on the set from Lego.com:
Take part in big discoveries with the massive Volcano Heavy-lift Helicopter, featuring 2 sets of spinning rotors, an opening rear hatch and lowering crane, plus a volcano with eruption function, mobile lab that opens at the front, mobile boulder cracker, lifter, dumper and 4 boulders that open to reveal a crystal element inside. Includes 8 minifigures.
- Includes 8 minifigures: a female volcano explorer, female scientist, female volcano worker, 2 volcano adventurers, male volcano worker, pilot and a scientist with heatsuit.
- Features a Volcano Heavy-lift Helicopter, volcano with eruption function, mobile lab, dumper, mobile boulder cracker and a lifter.
- Volcano Heavy-lift Helicopter features a lowering crane, rear opening hatch, dual spinning rotors and space for a box and tools in the back.
- Volcano features an eruption function activated by a lever.
- Mobile lab features rolling wheels and a front-opening panel.
- Mobile boulder cracker includes a box to hold a crystal element.
- Lifter features moving wheels and moving arms that can hold a boulder or box.
- Dumper features rolling wheels and space in the back to carry items.
- Use the helicopter crane to carry and lower the mobile lab and other equipment.
- Push the lever on the volcano to make it erupt and release the lava boulders.
- Set a boulder in the mobile cracker and open it to find the crystal element inside.
- Accessory elements include 4 boulders with crystal element inside, a camera, walkie-talkie, shovel, pickaxe, jackhammer, metal detector and a box.
- Headgear accessory elements include 4 hard hats, hard hat with headphones, adventurer’s hat, pilot’s helmet and a heatsuit helmet.
- Heavy-lift Helicopter measures over 6” (17cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide.
- Volcano measures over 5” (13cm) high, 7” (20cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.
- Mobile lab measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.
- Mobile boulder cracker measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.
- Lifter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Dumper measures over 2” (7cm) high, 4” (11cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.