The Ninjago line of Lego sets has been a pretty great story to watch unfold. The series was originally planned to end just a couple of years after it began, but the popularity allowed it to stick around. It has spawned a popular television series which is now going on seven seasons, and is next in line to receive the Lego Movie treatment. This particular set includes a really awesome tower with a load of interactive play features, a great looking jet, seven mini-figurines, and a slew of weapons. The Ninjago sets have always been designed around playability and this set is no exception, there are too many features to list, but rest assured they are there in bunches and a lot of fun. Or, you know, just check out the official Lego description below. At the time of this writing, The Lighthouse Siege is still available on both Amazon and Lego Shop for MSRP or less. It has been officially announced by Lego as retiring soon, so we don’t expect supplies to last long. The Ninjago set line has always been a ton of fun, and this set is no exception. As a collector, often the value is tied into aesthetics rather than play, but Ninjago is an exception. With the movie coming out later this year there will be a ton of new sets released, but also increased demand for older sets like this one. Since this is truly a really fun set, this one seems like a great set to pick up while you still can.
BrickScout’s Price Tracker
More details on the set from Lego.com: Jay and Nya are seeking refuge in the lighthouse and are setting up loads of traps ready for an attack by the sky pirates. Dodge the rapid-fire shots from the pirates’ jet. Activate the entrance steps’ trap function to send invaders tumbling straight into the prison below. Show your ninja parkour skills to climb up and down the walls or slide down the pipe into combat with the enemy. Tip dynamite on the sky pirates, battle Nadakhan for the Djinn Blade and claim victory!
- Includes 7 minifigures: Nya and Jay in Skybound outfits, Echo Zane, Battle Clancee, Nadakhan, Battle Flintlocke, Sqiffy, plus Tai-D robot.
- The set includes a multi-story lighthouse and sky pirates’ jet.
- The lighthouse opens out for easy play and includes entrance steps with trap function, a hidden basement laboratory (with a lab table) and a prison, a collapsing floor function, hidden spring-loaded shooter, 2 stud-shooting crossbows, 4 golden swords, golden sai, ninja wall elements, a pipefor minifigures to slide down to attack or escape, a crank-operated function for dropping dynamite elements, plus a glowing light brick function at the top of the tower.
- Press down on the golden weathervane at the top of the lighthouse to make the light brick glow.
- Activate the front steps’ trap function to make invaders fall straight into the basement prison.
- Climb or descend the wall elements with the ninja minifigures in true ninja style.
- Also includes a jetty with a string of lante rn-style elements, plus a mailbox and a rock element with a hidden sword.
- The sky pirates’ jet features a 6-stud rapid shooter, 2 detachable sky pirate swords and a translucent flame exhaust element.
- Weapons include Nya’s 2 golden swords, Jay’s Golden Scythe, Nadakhan’s Djinn Blade, Battle Flintlocke’s 2 guns, Battle Clancee’s fang broom and the sky pirates’ stud shooter.
- Accessory elements include the Teapot of Tyrahn, dynamite, syringe, wrench, drill, magnifying glass, oil kettleand a stove.
- Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO™: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 8-14.
- The lighthouse (including jetty) measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 12” (32cm) deep.
- Sky pirates’ jet measures over 1” (5cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.